Posted: August 29, 2019 by Andy
Though window air conditioning units may be convenient and cheaper initially than installing central AC, they present many dangers to your family. Be safe!
• Mold - A window AC unit is an ideal breeding ground for mold due to the humidity that the unit pulls from the air and condenses to sit stagnant in its bottom pan. This can aggravate allergies and even make you or one of your family members sick.
• Home safety - While window AC units provide cool air to your room, they also make the home more vulnerable to burglary. If the unit isn't installed correctly, it provides an easy entry point for a burglar to get into your home.
• Fire hazard - If there's a fire in your home, a window unit can become dislodged and fall, causing further damage or injury. Also, if the unit is installed in the room's only window, and there's a fire, it's far more difficult for you and your loved ones to escape through the window.
• Outdoor air infiltration - A leaky seal between the air conditioner and the unit will allow outdoor air (and all the pollutants in it) to enter your home. This can adversely affect your home's indoor air quality, not to mention your cooling efficiency!
If you absolutely must use a window air conditioner, it's essential to follow these tips:
• Always have a certified professional install your window unit(s).
• Burglar-proof your window AC unit by ensuring it's secured with the proper support and equipment.
• Be sure your unit is the proper size. Before purchasing the unit, measure the window it'll reside in and review the power outlet closest to the window.
• Be sure your unit remains motionless when someone opens the window, or keep the window from being opened at all.
• Clean your window AC unit's filter monthly the filter by removing its front panel, and don't forget to press the filter-alert reset button when you're done.
• Don't leave the unit in your window during the winter as it can cause drafts, and the cold weather can damage the parts of the unit that are exposed to the elements. Don't store the unused unit in your garage, as it'll make it easier for rodents to get into the unit. Instead, store your unit in your basement or attic.
Hands down, the best alternative to a window AC unit is to have central air conditioning installed in your home. While its initial cost may be higher, the long-term benefits are significantly better, especially your family's comfort. Call us today to explore your air conditioning comfort options!
We're committed to providing fast friendly emergency service 24 hours a day 7 days a week for residential heating and air conditioning systems in Wooster, Millersburg and the surrounding areas.
Our 24-hour emergency on-call service means you'll never have to go through another cold winter night or a hot, humid summer day. We service residents of Wayne and Holmes counties with no after-hours or overtime fees, so you'll never have to worry about paying extra because your furnace or air conditioner decided it wanted to quit on the weekend or a holiday!
Our service trucks are ready for your emergency after-hours service call with over 5000 stocked parts so you don't have to wait for us to chase down the parts you need.
Fast and done right the first time
We'll keep your Wayne County furnace running smoothly, and we service gas and electric heaters, heat pumps, ductless mini-split systems and more. Our local, licensed, friendly HVAC technicians drive fully-stocked service vans so when we troubleshoot your Holmes County HVAC system and find a faulty part, we can replace it right then! Whatever you need in the area of heating and cooling repair in Wooster, Millersburg, and the surrounding areas, we've got you covered!
The right system for your home
Whether you're a homeowner in Rittman who's in the market for a new, high-efficiency furnace, a mobile home owner in Shreve who's tired of baking in the summertime or you're a property manager in Dalton looking to replace old, temperamental air conditioning systems in apartments with new reliable units, our experience enables us to quickly and accurately assess your HVAC needs. You'll get the new furnace install and central air conditioning upgrade that's right for you.
Protect your investment
While we don't mind visiting your home for a dead-of-winter breakdown (it's what we do), we want to help you avoid that unfortunate situation altogether. That's why we offer affordable Wayne and Holmes County seasonal HVAC maintenance to reduce the future need for heating and cooling repairs. Our thorough inspections catch little problems before they become big ones. An annual HVAC tune-up by one of our expert techs saves you money, time, and stress!
As the COVID-19 pandemic keeps dragging on and many Americans are still stuck at home, more people are tackling those overdue home projects. According to a recent survey, nearly 50%... more...
Wayne County, Ohio ~ Apple Creek, Ohio 44606 ~ Armstrong, Ohio 44214 ~ Burbank, Ohio 44214 ~ Burton City, Ohio 44667 ~ Congress, Ohio 44287 ~ Craigton, Ohio 44676 ~ Creston, Ohio 44217 ~ Dalton, Ohio 44618 ~ Doylestown, Ohio 44230 ~ Easton, Ohio 44270 ~ Fredericksburg, Ohio 44627 ~ Funk, Ohio 44691 ~ Kidron, Ohio 44636 ~ Lattasburg, Ohio 44287 ~ Marshallville, Ohio 44645 ~ Mount Eaton, Ohio 44569 ~ Orrville, Ohio 44667 ~ Pleasant Home, Ohio 44287 ~ Riceland, Ohio 44667 ~ Rittman, Ohio 44270 ~ Shreve, Ohio 44676 ~ Smithville, Ohio 44677 ~ Sterling, Ohio 44276 ~ West Salem, Ohio 44287 ~ Wooster, Ohio 44691 ~ and more!
Holmes County, Ohio ~ Baltic, Ohio 43804 ~ Becks Mills, Ohio 44654 ~ Berlin, Ohio 44654 ~ Charm, Ohio 44654 ~ Farmerstown, Ohio 43804 ~ Glenmont, Ohio 44628 ~ Holmesville, Ohio 44633 ~ Killbuck, Ohio 44637 ~ Lakeville, Ohio 44638 ~ Millersburg, Ohio 44654 ~ Mount Hope, Ohio 44627 ~ Nashville, Ohio 44611 ~ Saltillo, Ohio 44654 ~ Stillwell, Ohio 44637 ~ Trail, Ohio 44624 ~ Walnut Creek, Ohio 44681 ~ Winesburg, Ohio 44624 ~ and more!